WHY IT'S CLEANER
Why it’s Cleaner
The Renaissance Rumford™ model is so clean burning that when using normal air-dried firewood there is typically no visible smoke within two minutes of lighting the fire, even with the door open.
According to independent certification testing:
- Emissions with the door open are no higher than 3.4 g/kg, which is approximately 70% less than a typical fireplace with the door open;
- Emissions with the door closed are no higher than 1.0 g/kg, which is approximately 90% less than a typical fireplace with the door closed.
With its hideaway door, the Renaissance Rumford model is the ultimate clean-face wood burning fireplace. The mechanical parts disappear leaving a gorgeous herringbone firebox and a clean canvas for the finishing designer.
The Secret is Out
Why do Renaissance Rumford fireplaces burn so much more cleanly than regular fireplaces?
- The key to lowering emissions is achieving and maintaining very high temperatures which allow volatile gasses and particulates to burn. This is precisely how EPA-certified wood burning stoves burn cleanly. Making this happen in an open fireplace was the challenge.
- How did we do it? It wasn’t with an easy solution or with mystery technology! We simply combined a wide range of features into the Rumford model which has made it the cleanest burning open fireplace ever made.
- The ultimate advantage is that cleaner fires are more beautiful fires. A Renaissance Rumford™ fire is so incredibly tall, bright, and lively that you need to see it to appreciate it. The Rumford firebox provides a vertical fire-viewing experience that is superior to much larger conventional fireplaces.
- The Renaissance Rumford is the first open fireplace of its kind, applying modern physics to an 18th-century design to produce breathtaking fires and foster a greener planet.
- Surprisingly, because the fire is so much hotter than traditional fireplaces, the efficiency of the Renaissance Rumford is much greater than other open fireplaces. Burning with the door closed makes the Renaissance Rumford a surprisingly efficient fireplace.